So far selecting tile for the bathrooms has been the most daunting task. I feel a tremendous amount of self-imposed pressure to make the “right” decisions. So much work has gone into this project. I don’t want to mess it up!
Before I reveal some of my choices I’ll let you know what I considered before making our selections:
- What style and color was in the home originally
- What makes sense given the architecture of the house
- What would be practical for how we will be living in the space
- What the house wants (If you ask it, it will tell you.)
- What would give us the most flexibility in terms of accessorizing (wall color, fixtures, rugs and towels are much easier to change than tile)
- As much as I hate to say it – RESALE* value
With that said here we go:
Here’s what we’re going to put in the powder room:
Here’s my favorite:
When we visited the house yesterday this is what we saw in the Jack & Jill:
Here is a close up of what we are using for the floor in the Master Bath:
Here is what our Master Bathroom looked like as of yesterday:
This same floor tile will go in the kiddo’s bathroom with black grout. Ha! Just wait and see…
Thanks for reading and have a Joyful Day!
*As one of my dear friends says of her lovely home, “I am going to be buried in the floorboards.” I feel the same way so don’t go thinking that we’re going to sell this house any time soon.